Custom framed mirrors are a timeless and elegant way to add style, light and sophistication to any space. They can serve to reflect light and brighten dark rooms, reflect and multiply a beautiful view, or visually expand a room to add depth and a sense of space.
At Framing & Art Centre our framing professionals will be happy to work with you to design a framed mirror in the exact size you need, with a design that fits your unique taste and style perfectly.
When considering a framed mirror, keep these tips in mind:
- Because the frame is the only decorative element on a mirror, make a bold choice. Feel free to use frames with exotic, bold or unusual finishes or designs. They might overpower traditional artwork, but can serve as a great decorative accent on a mirror.
- Mirrors are made with thick glass to avoid flexing and distracting distortions in the reflection. Since they can be heavy, use a larger frame that will be able to hold the weight well. A larger frame will also keep the mirror in balance and proportion.
- When choosing a location to hang a mirror, carefully consider what it will reflect. A mirror can reflect a window’s abundant light or a favorite piece of artwork, but it can also reflect a cluttered storage area.
- Use mirrors to brighten and visually open up a small space. They can reflect the light of a chandelier in a dining room or create the illusion of more space in a small area.
- Framed mirrors can be practical. Place one by your door to make sure you look great on your way out, or use a tall vertical mirror in the bedroom as a dressing mirror.
- Don’t feel obligated to hang a mirror on a wall. One large mirror on the floor and leaned against the wall can set a modern, elegant tone. A mirror can also be leaned on a shelf or mantel to serve as a backdrop for smaller framed artwork or decorative items.
- If you need to fill a very specific space, such as over a fireplace or between two windows, be sure to let us know. That way we can be sure the outside dimensions of the frame are exactly the size you need.
The framing professionals at Framing & Art Centre will be happy to discuss your needs and decorating preferences to create a framed mirror that’s a reflection of your personal style.